Collection, storage and use
2. The information you provide may be considered General information and Personal information. Apart from names, phone numbers and addresses the information entered is considered general. There is no need to disclose personal information if you do not want. The Site can be viewed, and its web feeds can be subscribed to without the need to disclose any personal information to us.
3. Your disclosure of personal information In using the site, you may choose to disclose personal information about yourself and others when using the site. The accuracy of this information is your responsibility. Details you share about others is your responsibility. Sharing the details of people with others such as advisors by handing them permission to access your data through our site, is your responsibility. Please do not hand permission to others or post comments, or otherwise transmit personal information of a sensitive nature that you do not wish to disclose. Personal information will be viewable by Site administrators, certain labour8.com staff and, if you provide permission, to others that you agree to show.
4. Holding of information Personal information that you provide will be held by labour8.com. Email addresses provided when commenting in the discussion forum or other areas of the Site or when emailing feedback directly to labour8.com are not made available to the public. Unless required by law, we will not publicise the names or email addresses of individuals who provide feedback to us without their consent.
5. Use of personal information We will only use personal information provided to us for the purpose of administering, evaluating and improving the Site, improving our services and/or communicating with you.
6. Feedback Feedback is important and is used to evaluate and improve our services. If you provide feedback on the Site directly to labour8.com via the supplied email address, that feedback will be sent to appropriate labour8.com staff. We may pass on relevant comments to other people within labour8.com who administer, have contributed content to, or are otherwise interested in, the Site. This could include your email address and other identifying information.
General Information, Factual and Statistical information and cookies
7. General Information, Factual and Statistical information collected We may collect information anonymously to use for analysis purposes in advising others. We may collect information about your visit to help us improve the Site. This information is aggregated and non-personally identifying. It includes:
- all information beyond the Personal Information entered;
- your IP address;
- the search terms you used;
- the pages you accessed on our Site and the links you clicked on;
- the date and time you visited the site;
- the referring site (if any) through which you clicked through to this Site;
- your operating system (e.g., Windows XP, Mac OSX);
- the type of web browser you use (e.g. Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox); and other incidental matters such as screen resolution, the release of your installed Flash version and the language setting of your browser.
8. Use of industry based factual or statistical information The information referred to will be viewable by Site administrators and certain other labour8.com staff. It may also be shared with other users such as advisors to help in providing advise to you and others.
9. Cookies This Site generates persistent session cookies for the purpose of monitoring Site usage. The cookies do not collect personal information. You can disable them or clear them out of the web browser you are using to view this Site without affecting your ability to use the Site.
Records and disclosure statement
10. Information for the use of advising Government Organisations and Parliament Your General Information and contributions may be required to disclose facts to satisfy enquiries for Political and Parliamentary use.
Payment Information Security
11. How Does Labour8 Protects Your Personal Information at Least Up to the Standards Set Forth by PCI-DSS?
Labour8 is committed to protecting your privacy whenever you buy products or services from us. We use the BNZ Securit-E (eWay) payment solution so that when a customer uses a credit or debit payment card over the internet, their details are secure. All card payment processing is done by using BNZ Securit-E (eWay) as our payment gateway provider.
Labour8 recognizes its responsibility to keep all personal information confidential at all times. Any information that Labour8 acquires in connection with such Transactions is kept confidential, to the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (“PCI-DSS”). To learn more about PCI-DSS, please see our PCI-DSS section below, or visit the PCI Security Standards Council’s website, at: www.pcisecuritystandards.org
Please note, however, that Labour8’ responsibility is limited to protection of information that is obtained by Labour8. Labour8 itself cannot control the use or disclosure by you to others.
12. How We Collect Information
To enable Labour8 to provide secure payment facilities, we acquire information which may include a cardholder's name, credit card number (with the expiry date) and billing address. That information is collected when a card and its information is provided to the Labour8 payment solution.
13. How We Use and Disclose Information
Labour8 is committed to data security. Labour8 outsources payments through the BNZ Securit-E (eWay) Payment system. Eway uses a variety of technologies and procedures to help protect personal information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. Eway is a level 1 certified PCI-DSS compliant provider.
15. What is PCI-DSS?
PCI-DSS, the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard, is a set of security requirements relating to the protection of cardholder data. PCI-DSS is governed by the Payment Card Industry (“PCI”) Security Standards Council, an organisation put together by the major card schemes such as VISA, MasterCard. PCI-DSS is relevant to any entity that stores or transmits sensitive cardholder data, which consists of information such as the PAN (card number), card security code, track data, and PIN block. Preceding PCI-DSS, the card schemes had their own standards, and the VISA Account Information Security (AIS) standard formed the basis to most of the PCI-DSS requirements.
16. Storage of Information
All card payment processing is done by using BNZ Securit-E (eWay) as our payment gateway provider.
Storage of Credit Card information is conducted by Eway. All card data is processed securely through eWAY's online payment system. eWAY is a tier 1 PCI-DSS compliant gateway.
Rights of access and correction
17. Your rights Under the Privacy Act 1993, you have the right to access and to request correction of any of your Personal Information provided to labour8.com in connection with your use of this Site. If you would like to see the personal information relating to you that labour8.com has stored, or to change such personal information, or if you have any concerns regarding your privacy, please view the information that you entered on the website, or contact us at the addresses set out below. Labour8.com may require proof of your identity before being able to provide you with any personal information. Where necessary, labour8.com may advise you of charges that may be applied for services we complete on your behalf that you could have completed yourself.
As a technology focused company, we prefer to communicate with you online.
Please use firstname.lastname@example.org to communicate with us
You may phone us on: +64 3 595 5271Labour8.com
Woods Mill Building
Office 1, Level 1
14 Wise Street,
PO Box 12-295, Beckenham
18. Privacy Commissioner If you are not satisfied with our response to any privacy-related concern you may have, you can contact the Privacy Commissioner:
Office of the Privacy Commissioner
PO Box 10-094
Wellington, New Zealand
Phone: 04 474 7590
Enquiries Line (from Auckland): 302 8655
Enquiries Line (from outside Auckland): 0800 803 909
Fax: 04 474 7595